The goal of this website is to create more vibrant communities throughout Grant County by providing easy access to current data for anyone at any time. The trends should promote more informed decision making by individuals and organizations.
The data on this website is offered as neutral information. It is left up to the citizens of Grant County to apply the information according to their own value judgment.
The indicators were chosen by eight focus groups consisting of a broad range of community leaders, from local government agencies, non-profits, educators, and businesses. Over time, the trends chosen may change, as the preferences of the residents of Grant County change.
The development and initial maintenance of the Grant County Trends website has been funded by a federal appropriation from the U.S. Congress. Please feel free to use the "Contact Us" button to make any suggestions or comments about the site.
The Grant County Trends project seeks to improve local, public decision making by providing relevant data in an easily navigable website. The data provided on this website is offered as neutral information. We leave it up to the citizens to apply the information according to their individual value judgment.
More specifically, the goals are:
- To collect and share a broad
- spectrum of information to support informed decision making by individual community members, governmental policy makers, non-governmental organizations, businesses, researchers and the press.
- To benchmark Grant County Trends against Washington State trends or other comparable communities.
- To enable analysis of these trends.
In determining which data sets would be used, the Grant County focus groups followed these guidelines:
- Important to large numbers of the community
- Valid measurements defined by good science and social science
- Understandable to a lay audience